Tuesday 30 September 2008

Hazel (Plots 54 & 55)

Hazel is indefatigable. She has two plots, which are prodigious producers. When I caught sight of Hazel yesterday, she had an armful of corn cobs that any supermarked would be proud of. I was talking to her partner a few days ago, and she said that when they lived in Sussex (?), she had three.

She's an active member of SALGA, the allotment society, but tells me they don't discuss allotment politics, which is why I haven't bothered to join. They really need an allotment society which has teeth as far as the Council is concerned. Maybe I ought to join in order to make it more political, but there are only so many hours in the day.

I saw her at the Flower and Produce show. She was serving the teas, and I bought an absolutely unforgettable piece of strawberry sponge from her.

No comments: